Eric Pitts wrote:

> What is the measurement for the center line of the crank in relation to
> the
> center line of Airplane? Needing to make sure my motor mount is in the
> right
> spot. How low should the mount bed be below the center line of the plane.
> My
> firewall is not stock.

I'm not sure what you mean by centerline, but the only definition that makes
sense would be with respect to horizontal, not vertical, and obviously, it
should be centered horizontally.  Vertically my crank centerline  is 2.375"
below the top of the top longeron, which leaves about 1/16" above the fuel
pump, and minimal room for intake manifolds.  I'd consider that as high as
you can put the engine and still have manifolds that enter into the top like
the stock Corvair location.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net