Larry Flesner wrote:

> Am I the only one getting "bounced" e-mails from bomike228 "at" msn.com

No, everybody that's posted to the list probably got them as well, so I just
deleted him from the list.  The system usually takes care of that, but not
this time for some reason.  He's welcome to rejoin when his connection is
reestablished.

Speaking of such matters, people sometimes email me wondering why they're a
member, yet get no email from the list.  Your ISP's anti-spam software is
often the reason.  I'm going through that right now.  For the last several
weeks I won't get list mail for 5-10 hours, and lately up to 18 hours after
it's sent, and then it's not not even in the order that the senders mailed
them.  Through careful examination of the email's "headers", it was finally
tracked to my ISP's spam software.  It decides to label mylist.net as a
spammer about once a day, and blocks all email from their address.  I'm
somewhat lucky that the timeout is only 6 hours or so, so eventually I DO
get it (although out of order) but if this persists for very long, the list
will automatically throw you off for "no longer existing".  The reason it
does this is because if it doesn't throw you off, and it keeps trying to
send you mail, YOUR ISP will also label mylist.net as a spammer!  It's a
viscious cycle, and there's nothing I can do about it.

In my case I can whine to the security folks at my ISP until they listen and
exempt mylist.net from such treatment.  Another thing I've done is set up
another email account on another ISP (my website is on one, but my cable
connection is on another) and also get list mail from there.  That way I
have a check as to what's going on, and don't get stranded without email.  I
set up a separate email folder where the "alternates" go so I don't have
duplicate messages in Outlook Express.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net