and lousy mechanic.  The mechanic of N64KR, that is. (ME).  The problem with
my Lo to No compression was a very poor valve adjustment.  I have stainless
valves, and hope that the hour that the engine has run on that bad valve
adjustment, did not damage the exhaust valves.  I failed to insure that the
cam was properly positioned on #1 before starting the adjustment.  Both
valves were closed and I was at TDC, so I ASSumed that I had it right.  Well
 I must have been 180 off, in fact, I know that I was 180 off.

I need to learn to listen to myself.  I remember that while I was adjusting
them, I kept telling myself that I should have insured that #1 plug was
firing in that position.  I was also concerned about why they would be so
far off as I had just adjusted them before the break-in runs.  So many signs
and, while I saw them, I did not do anything about them.  This could have
been real bad and I am not really sure why I did not notice it on my first
flight.

The engine will now turn 3200 static again and starts and idles properly.  I
hope to be flying again as soon as I can find some time.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2007 - KR Gathering
There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for Flying
has begun.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC