Larry H. wrote:

<<Anyone know anything about these batteries>>

Larry,

This is the only technology battery to have in your airplane, car,
motercycle, lawn tractor ...

I purchased a Panasonic variant four years ago and it is still running fine.
It spent two years in my KR as the power source for testing the wiring
installation.  It was capable of spinning my VW TypeIV engine very smartly.
After two years without charging it I put it in my BMW motorcycle to replace
the DieHard that went bad and it cranked it right up.  I purchased the
battery from http://digikey.com for $36.23.  The part number is LC-RD1217P
and it only weighs 14.4 pounds. I have a copy of the data sheet for this
battery on my web site at http://flyboybob.com/kr2/lc-rd1217p.pdf.

I just checked the digikey website and the price is now $40.67 in quantities
of one.  If you can find four guys that want a battery the price is $34.86.
Don't hesitate to use the glass mat technology lead-acid batteries in your
KR.  They have an excellent shelf life when left for extended periods
without use.  My plan is to buy a new battery every two years for my KR.
Then I will take the used battery out of the KR and replace the battery in
my motorcycle.  The used battery out of the motorcycle can then be put in my
lawn tractor.  It takes a little maintencance but the price is cheep $40
every two years and you cover your KR, motorcycle, and lawn tractor.

Regards,

Bob Lee
N52BL  KR2
Suwanee, GA