Chris Johnston wrote:

>>riveting would be better I think, then use a male threaded rod end bearing
in each end with a left hand thread and a right hand thread respectively.<<

I would not count on a rivet (or even 4 rivets) to do that job.  I welded
mine, and have no problem sleeping at night.  Maybe somebody makes aluminum
rod ends, but Wicks only sells steel.  My pushrods are 4130, welded to the
rod end fittings.  I'll bet if you walked into a welding shop and told them
you'd like those welded, you'd be done in ten minutes with a charge of
"we'll catch up next time".

It's hard to imagine sometimes how you'd need much strength in tension or
compression for these pushrods, until you find yourself pointed straight at
the ground full throttle and have to pull out of a 180 mph dive.  A rivet
just wouldn't hack it, and even if it would, it would loosen over time and
introduce slop, which is not something you'd want in your control system
either.  Weld it...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net