Hi, Richard.

The KR2 is basically wood structure and composite skin, right?

Well, wood structures, if taken care of properly, have a nearly unlimited
lifespan. Keep the wood dry and it does not lose its properties.

Composite skins, we don't know really, because they haven't been around
for more than 30 years or so. What we do know, mostly from the gliders
guys, is that they can last for 30 years, again, if taken care of
properly. Here, the main thing would be to shelter from the sun, I guess.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Canberra, Australia

"Richard Mulford" <rich6...@hotmail.com>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
15/10/2006 14:31
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 16/10/2006 08:58

        Pour :  kr...@mylist.net
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : KR> KR2S Life Span

Hi KR-Net,just curious what the airframe life span would be for the KR.
If anyone could give me the good and the bad about this subject would be
appreciated.
About to start building and was wondering about this subject as a friend
recently had to have his Beech skins removed for a airframe service (a bit

harder to do with the KR) as this aircraft was ageing.

                             R.Mulford

                                  Sydney N S W

                                     Australia

Thousands of jobs, millions of opportunities at seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Oct06&_m=EXT

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attaches peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'etes  pas le destinataire escompte,
merci d'en informer l'expediteur immediatement et de detruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attaches de votre systeme informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du present courriel et des documents
attaches sans autorisation prealable de son emetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from
your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying
hereof is prohibited."