KR club,
Doesn't horespower share a close relationship to weight? It seems like some
people are willing to spend so much money on horsepower to increase speed that
engines are pushed to limits
that could compromise safety.

Wouldn't Time and money be better well spent trying to minimize weight instead
of throwing the
largest motor I could afford on the firewall. Look up Mike Arnold on google,
440 lb airplane
going 213 mph on a 65hp rotax. He is an average guy that built his own design
based soley on
streamlining his plane to near perfection. On his site he offers videos of his
plane. I got suckered
into buying one of his videos about the composite construction he used. I was
really happy with the
video. By the way, his canopy is very, very streamlined.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions on fuselage weight. Mike Johnson