Don,

I will try and do some research on the Fiat. For that hp, it must be a
turbo diesel.

As for the fuel, the French guru of Diesel, Serge Pennec, says you can use
Jet A1 in a conventional Diesel. All you have to do is mix it with a bit
of oil.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Canberra, Australia

"D F Lively" <riksh...@interl.net>

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
28/10/2006 00:23
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 28/10/2006 00:23

        Pour :  "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : KR> Alternative Engines

Netters:

I read an article in the Oct. 26th  Wall Street Journal that drew my
attention to Fiat's 1.3 liter (1259 cc) Diesel engine that is being used
in many Euro small cars.  This peeked my interest in light of a couple of
entrys that appeared on this forum so I investigated on the net.

The performance specs for that engine are 69 hp and 125 ft. lb of  torque
at 2000 rpm which is interesting.  What I have not been able to find is
the weight of this engine with its injector pump and all things needed to
make it run plus of course the cooling and electrical systems.

I invision then that it would need to find "Jet A" or the diesel fuel used
by the military to be acceptable.

Are their any KR-Netters out there that can obtain weights and reliability
info on this engine?  This may need to come from some of Non-USA
contributers since diesel are not all that common here.

Don Lively
Burlington IA 52601

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attaches peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'etes  pas le destinataire escompte,
merci d'en informer l'expediteur immediatement et de detruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attaches de votre systeme informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du present courriel et des documents
attaches sans autorisation prealable de son emetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from
your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying
hereof is prohibited."