Dan , Riley and Serge

I got a somewhat completed KR-2 and it came with the gear, nose and mains,
mounted. It also came with 2" stainless steel spacers. I have access to
alum. and a lathe so making more isn't a problem.
The problem is that the fuse is mostly complete but the wings are built but
need but not filled, sanded or painted so the weight won't give me a true
w/b.  Without the wings each wheel is within 2 lbs. of 165 with the spacers
in place.
With the spacers in the Revmaster {old type} starter hits the motor mount.
My 4 into 1 KR exhaust
that was suppose to be for a nose gear hits the nose mount, even more so
without the spacers.
I can make a 1 3/4" spacer to clear the starter and getting a set of 2 into
1 pipes that should clear.
I guess I'm going to have to change directions and finish the wings to get a
good W/B and do it right .
I've also considered making a longer motor/nose gear mount .
So far nothing turns out to be as easy as it appears with airplane building
and takes at least three times as long as it should.
Thank you all for your help and info/experience.

Steve Bray

Get today's hot entertainment gossip
http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001