Ben Copeland wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with a Ellison EFS-2 carburetor? Is it a good
> carburetor
> and is it a good match for a HAPI Magnum Plus (2180 engine)?

A lot of folks swear by the Ellison, and the EFS-2 is a good match for the
2180 VW engine.  The EFS-2 is no longer in production, but is supported by
Ellison.  This particular carb is rather sought after (at least on this
list), so if you have a chance to snag it, do it.  I have an EFS-3 and have
had no problems with it.

> I prefer east of Mississippi and has to have a encoding xponder just to
> get into the neighborhood.

I would try not to limit your selection just based on a transponder.  You
could rig up an encoder and transponder in pretty short order....perhaps a
lot less time than it'll take you to wait for the "perfect" KR that has one
installed already...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net