Mark wrote:
, but what's been clear to me for a while now is
> that when
> it's cold outside, running carb heat improves mixture distribution
> and fuel
> economy, at least at 10K' where it's cold.

        I had noticed that there was some effect last winter with partial
carb heat, But I never have kept things the same long enough to make any
real correlations.

> I really need to put some wheel pants on my plane soon, but the next
> time I
> expect crappy weather for a few days I plan to extend the gear leg
> brackets
> 3" to see what that'll do for landing speed.  And there are several
> other
> lists a mile long.
.
        Get the wheel pants on so you can do what I did this morning --
Dig a pound of dirt and grass and crap out of the insides of them....

        I'm going to try to get out early today. The newly repaired
transponder is not reporting altitude for some reason. If I can't get it
fixed today I won't be able to go above 10K to try to call ya on the
radio.

Joe Horton, Coopersburg, PA.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com