From: krnet-bounces+kwiltrout1953=verizon....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+kwiltrout1953=verizon....@mylist.net] On Behalf Of
Barry Kruyssen
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 6:03 PM
To: 'KRnet'
Subject: RE: KR> "Shreg" went off the end of the runway

Hi Willie

With regards to the belly board.  I retro fitted a belly board and in my
case all it does is help slow me down on finals and steapen the approach
angle (giving a better view over the nose). Once I round out it appears to
enhance the ground effect and I float further.  I think the board deflects
the airflow down onto the strip. My ground roll distance has not changed,
nor the distance I finish from the runway "numbers". My belly board does not
have any holes in it, maybe I need some, just a thought.

In my opinon I would not retor fit a belly board again, a lot of work and
weight for minimal gain. Get the numbers right and it will all be easy (as
Mark Langord said).

Regards
Barry Kruyssen
Cairns, Australia