Rich Meyer wrote:

> What are you-all using for mixture meters?  I was thinking the
> cheapest/simplest would be a digital voltmeter reading directly off an
> oxygen sensor, but this option looked like it might have some
> "readability"
> advantage, at least if I agree with their scale of desireable mixtures.

I don't agree with the statement in that link about only using the top of
the rich segment.  I think he's talking about automotive use.   I mainly use
the bottom of my 10 segment LED meter to lean for best economy, so I don't
think a four segment LED is what I would choose for airplane usage, but if
you're just trying to get close, that MIGHT do you.  Details on what I have
are at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/o2meter/ , and it is daylight
readable in all but direct sunlight (in which case I can just shade it with
my hand for a second, but that's either rare or I do it without
thinking...not sure which.  I flew for four hours yesterday with only the
bottom of mine blinking on occasion, and I'm pretty sure the one mentioned
would never allow you to do that...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
see homebuilt airplane at http://www.N56ML.com
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net