John Godwin wrote:

>> I have spent so much time making sure this KR
is as perfect as I can make it, it has slowed down my building. I hope I

have gotten over being such an overly perfectionist person and can get
on
with the building. I don't know if I am the only one who spent 4 months
getting his fuselage ready for skin or am I the only one this anal in
the
group? You tell me.<<

I took a year to build the 62 lb boat.
I have been building this KR-2 for 20 years.  In that time I converted
from fully functional: retract conventional gear to fixed tri-gear,
reflexed ailerons and flaps, Diehl skins on the vertical stab to foam &
wet lay-up, cable control loops to push rods, balanced elevator (per
Langford) and external antennas to all internal antennas.
There's about 20 pounds of aluminum fittings hanging on my memorial
wall; some are primed and painted, others are an extra left or right
when I really needed to make a left and right. Some I just did not like
how they looked.  With all the rework I could have built three KR-2s.
Trust me, the next one will go a lot faster to completion.
I estimate it will take another year to get flying.  It's painted white
now and everything is paid for.
So, I suppose that will make it free, white and 21.

Sid Wood

Tri-gear KR-2 N6242

Mechanicsville, MD USA