At 09:02 AM 11/30/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a quote from Dan Deihl for wheel fairings. I don't quite understand
>what these bits are ( us/uk english differences )
>
>Can someone please confirm my understanding.
>
> >Pete,
> >You need upper and lower fairings for $100 US and 2 wheel pants for $160 US.
>
>the upper fairings go around the legs and are attached to the wing skins.
>the lower fairings go around the lower legs and attach to the pants.
>the pants are the aerodynamic teardrops that fit around the wheels.

It may help to say that our UK cousins say spats when we say wheel pants.

Now ask the definition of a napkin.  In the US, it is the cloth that
is used to clean your mouth and hands during a meal.  In the UK, it
is the cloth that is used on a baby's bottom.  That can lead to
severe differences in understanding.

Don Reid  -  donreid "at" peoplepc.com
Bumpass, Va

Visit my web sites at:

AeroFoil, a 2-D Airfoil Design And Analysis Computer Program:
http://aerofoilengineering.com

KR2XL construction: http://aerofoilengineering.com/KR/KR2XL.htm
EAA Chapter 231: http://eaa231.org
Ultralights: http://usua250.org