Man! That's what I love about the "net," if I'm wrong about something
then someone out there will have the info to prove it usually. My humble
apologies Colin.

Perhaps you are right about the VW not making enough torque to swing a
three blade, as you stated the trikes are using engines making much more
torque but I'm sure that's due to the reduction drives and the fact they
are spinning there little two stokes at twice the RPM, or more, than our
little reliable VW's or Corvair's. But then again we could put reduction
drives on our engines and make more torque and even use a metal or
composite propeller that could even be adjustable. But weight, costs and
complexity are all issues we must weigh in determining what's best for
our aircraft, right?

So what are you suggesting?

Fred Johnson
Reno, NV