Brian Kraut wrote:

> Rolling into a turn is to load the ailerons.  When you are just straight
and
> level they are free to flutter.  Rolling into a turn puts air pressure on
> one side of the aileron and the control system forces into play.  This
takes
> out the play and flex in the system, changes the dampening, and should
stop
> the flutter.

This never occured to me before, but this could be another plus for the new
airfoil (not that flutter has been a problem with the old airfoil).  The
cusp on the bottom of the aileron loads them both upward them during flight,
which unfortunately makes the control a little heavier though (although some
might consider that a plus).  When the stick is neutral sitting on the
ground, my ailerons have to be rigged downward with respect to the wing's
trailing edge by about 3/16", but in flight they line up nicely...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net