Hi Guys and a very merry Christmas to everyone!

As the subject says, I face a huge problem. On Saturday a brand new six
cylinder Jabiru motor was delivered to me for installation in a customers
Whisper motor glider. Do you think he would tell the difference if I
installed my 3100 corvair instead and kept the Jab for myself.
Seriously guys this motor is truly a thing of beauty. It came with a
beautiful Airmaster full feathering prop as well.
One thing that confuses me is that the manual says that it has a
transistorised ignition but to me it looks like all it has is a dual magneto
ignition (lawnmower style) with each firing 3 times per revolution and the
spark sent to the correct cylinder by the appropriate distributor.
I must admit that I havn't even removed the motor from it's crate yet so I
might be missing something. The wiring diagram even shows the way to switch
the ignition off is to ground the coil. It looks like a lawnmower ignition,
it acts like a lawnmower ignition, therefore I deduct that it must be a
lawnmower ignition. Can anyone shed some light on it for me please.
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder
South africa