As some of you know I have built a couple KRs in the past - am flying N41768
right now and have helped or am helping with a couple other builds.  After some
consideration and thought I have decided to put this idea out for your
consideration and thought.   I have a 5000 sq' shop here at my house with a two
bedroom guest house.  I have a paintbooth big enought to paint a fuselauge and
all the necessary tooling for building KRs and engines.  I am located only 5
miles from Valdosta Airport in  Valdosta Georgia.   The idea is this.  To make
my shop and skills available for KR builders who are interested in building
their planes.  For example:

   1)   A one week workshop on building wings.  You bring your outboard spars
and during the week I show you how to jig and build the wings up.  You can stay
at the guest house and we work all week and you leave with a completed wing or
with the knowledge on how to finish.  If needed stays could be extended to do
further work or complete the wings.

  2) Perhaps a spar building week - I would have supplies on hand and we build
your spars and attach fittiings and such.

  3) Engine build workshop - in conjunction with William Wynne have a Corvair
installation or building workshop.  Help in assembly or test running. (test
stand available)

  4) Fuselauge workshop?

  5) Final bodywork and painting

  6) Possible visit to your airport to check your project

  So these are some of the ideas.  there would be a weekly fee - you provided
your transportation to Valdosta.  I have the two bedroom guest house that has
full amenities, barbeque and jacuzzi.  There is a pond for fishing as well.  So
come as a couple or have a couple guys at the same time come down.  To certain
builders an introductory flight in my own KR would be available as well.   Of
course all events would be preplanned and discussed.  If this idea is of
interest to anybody let me know.  I am willing to prep jigs and equipment to
make this available if people were interested in it.  There may be some parts
that are going.

  Being self employed and having this shop available has been a great gift to
me and I hope to be able to share with others.  It needs to be financially
viable and productive as well.   If it would encourage others to get their
projects done sooner and be in the air safely I think it worthwhile.  One of
the problems that slows projects down is not having the tooling or skills
necessary to finish something.  Many hours can be wasted on the interned or
dreaming instead of accomplishing something.  I am hoping to help people over
that hurdle into a flying airplane.  Make 2007 your year!

  If you have anymore ideas or suggestions please inform.

  Thank you - Bill Clapp