This will work, and I do that with finish cloth, but, you can put the peel
ply on dry, then stipple out some of the extra resin, only adding resin
where you cannot wet out the peel ply.  This will give you a lighter layup
by bringing up some of that excess resin.  I use plastic sheet to accomplish
what you are doing with the peel ply, squeegee out the excess after taking
off the plastic, then add the peel ply and squeegee some more then stipple,
then add resin if necessary.  The peel ply must be wet out or it will do you
no good.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2007 - KR Gathering
There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for Flying
has begun.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC