Dan
Before I mounted my cooler under and behind the engine, I was going to mount
it flat against the firewall ( or about 1 inch or so off it)and use the fire
wall as the outlet, allowing the air to run down the firewall and exit out
the bottom.( with a light guard)
OR
I was going to mount if on it's edge, on the firewall  running along side
the cowl, with air inlets as I have on my cooler now, and have the outlet
through the back edge of cowl on one side, and add exit slots like you see
in the Vintage Car bonnet. I would seal outlet to cooler with foam, so the
cooler would not be removed with cowl.

I would have braced the cooler to the firewall and off the engine mount.

Phil Matheson
VH-PKR
Australia
KR Web Page