I have had hydraulic brakes on the last three KR s and have not had a problem.
No one says you have to push real hard.

Pete Diffey <pe...@heroic.co.uk> wrote:  Hi Myron,

I am unsure what you are building, I would be very nervous about having
hydraulic disk brakes on a tail dragger.

I previously flew a Luton Minor which was significantly longer than a
KR, and the wheels were further forward. I had pretty weak cable
operated drum brakes, but I could still manage to get the tail to lift
if I applied them at much more than 10mph. Scary

The tail dragger KR CG is so close to the front wheel line that with too
powerful brakes, you have a potential disaster waiting to happen.

In my opinion, brakes on a KR are safe for use in taxiing and not much
more, so cable drums are a safer option.

Pete