Jeff Scott wrote:

> If your Cleveland brakes won't hold your KR at full throttle, then you
> have a problem with your brake lines or master cylinders. The typical
> problem is the use of 1/4 plastic lines in the brake system, which
> expand significantly under pressure and significantly reduce the
> braking pressure.

Reading this, one might suspect that you mean 1/4" isn't large enough, but
you mean they are too large.  Mine are 3/16", probably based on your
recommendation from about 12 years ago or so.  I shouldn't have said that my
brakes won't hold, it's that my tires won't hold.  During full throttle
runups, the Corvair and Sensenich climb prop will drag the plane with the
tires skidding.  Bill Clapp's does the same thing, he once mentioned.  I
also remember you telling the story of a plane burning to the ground after
several high speed taxi tests melted the Nylaflow tubing and the brake fuel
spewing on to the hot brake disk ignited.  That's one reason I didn't put
wheel pants on mine before taxi testing.  Another reason is to increase drag
during landing to make learning to land the thing a little easier, but the
real reason is that I'm a lazy bum, since I have some of John Backer's
gorgeous fairings but haven't installed them yet.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net