Just got back from a little flying and some testing in the Kr - hadnt flown in
a few days so I thought I would go out and have some fun.  Brought in a couple
numbers for you number crunchers out there.

  at 21" MAP - 4600'altitude, 55 degrees outside, 5.2 gal/hr, 150 mph (gps two
ways) 124 indicated (I know I have airspeed error of about 20mph).

  at 24" MAP - 4600' , 55 degrees, 6.0 gal/hr, 170 gps (two ways) 139 indicated

  I didnt try full throttle but still had about 1.5 " MAP remaining....

  Practices stalls - buffets at 58 mph TA and I can easily fly it in the buffet
area for an extended period of time without losing aileron control.

  Had some fun flying around - did 15 stop and goes to practice short field and
some "very" tight patern work...20 gallons of fuel.   I was off the ground in
600 feet - climbing out at 1500'min at 60 indicated (80 acutal due to error) .
I was able to consistently land and stop within 1000'.     I practiced a few
patterns within the length of the runway (5000').  Takeoff, turn crosswing at
midfield, downwind within .25 of the runway at 400' and land.   Downwind speed
was 120.  I could do a pattern in a minute..easy.  Controlled
airfield...controller really enjoyed it.  It helps in brushing up on the
performance and capabilities of your airplane.  With the belly board and
corvair power, this plane is fantastic.

  Fly over to my house and did some low passes - scared the cows next door Im
sure.

  All around a nice time out.

  Hopefully this motivates you to get busy.....Happy building!   Bill and N41768

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.