Hi guys
I recently took delivery of a 3300 Jabiru motor and a firewall forward kit
for it to be installed in a whisper motor glider.
Here is a factory supplied motor and fitment kit that has the entire fuel
system plumbed with "rubber" fuel hose, barbed fittings and hose clamps.
This is for the suction lines as well as for the pressurised part after the
fuel pumps.
Come to think of it, the 2.0L fuel injected hot hatch (VW GTI thrasher,
sorry Mark I couldn't resist) that I used to have used rubber hose and hose
clamps troughout the system except it had steel pipes under the car for
obvious reasons.
If this is accepted practise by Jabiru and even in high pressure auto fuel
injection systems, why is it frowned upon in aviation?
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder
South africa