Guys,
Today I spoke to an old radio technician (35 years experience) about tuning
the antennae in the aircraft. He said that I would definately get false
readings with the SWR meter that I have and that I shouldn't use it as it
was designed for 29mghz. He also said that tunung it in my workshop with a
corrugated iron roof won't help either. I have arranged to borrow a Bird
Wattmeter from him so it should be plain sailing from here.
So as it turns out, I was talking a load of dribble after all. Hey what do I
know anyway!
In my defence, I did try tuning it with my meter first and I managed to get
the SWR below 1 on the lower freq and below 1.5 on the high freq. I don't
know if I was imagining it but I could have sworn that the received audio
was louder and clearer. I will compare the results with what the Bird tells
me.
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder