Darren,
I think I had better chime in on this one as I am one who has done "bent"
spars.  The main spar is pretty straight forward but you do end up with a
curved upper surface inside the fuselage.  The rear spar can be tricky to
figure out, I actually built mine 2 feet longer to accomadate larger flaps,
also tapered planform starting at the root (54" chord") thats what really
complicated the rear spar.  If I were to do it over, I would either start the
forward sweep of the rear spar at the fuselage or build the wing constant chord
out to the attach points.  The landing gear castings (diehl) were also a little
tricky because my spar is taller due to increased chord and they end up sitting
at an angle to the spar due to the dihederal starting at the fuselage.  As I
have said before one change from the plans creates ten more problems to work
out in the future.  Also I would reccomend getting an opinion from an engineer
before you make changes to the basic structure.  I don't think you can bend the
wood in the wide direction to sweep the rear spar forward, you would probably
need some kind of scarf joint in the center, ...again talk with engineer.  Just
my 2 cents.
Riley Collins
KR2-SS Lycoming
Rutledge, TN