Fuel tanks...For years I have been soldering up my
tanks from plain old galvanized steel. Much as Piper
did for a long time...The fabrication is simple. It is
inexpensive. They proved to be long lasting and if you
should happen to develop a leak very simple to
repair..I would solder in a auto filler neck obtained
at the wreckers which solved another problems and the
necessary brass fitting were soldered right into the
tank. In weight I found them slightly heavier than the
aluminum tanks I had been so laboriously making and
lighter by quite a bit than the one glass tank I
attempted...I have been told that the alcohol that you
might have in the fuel you purchase degrades both
polyester and epoxy resins....bob pearce