If you are going CORVAIR - I picked up mine froma junkyard for about 150.00  a
few weeks later and a couple thouseand bucks and I had a running engine.  Of
course the Corvair has changed somewhat since I built mine and upgraded it so I
think that if you built it yourself you could finish it for about $4000 with
all the conversion parts installed.  If you buy it outright youll pay 8.000.00
But that is half the price of a Jab or O200 and rebuild costs are in the
hundreds of dollars, not thousands.  I like mine.   450 hours on Corvair and
loving it!
  Good luck in you choices....Bill Clapp

Nick Brennan <nickdbren...@comcast.net> wrote:
  I'm looking (just looking, I can't afford the engine yet, and no where near
ready for it yet), where do y'all find your engines to buy?

I'm sure there's great deals out there, somewhere....

(by the way, sorry if this appears twice, I'm having a heck of a problem
getting the KR Net mailing list to actually post my submisions)

Nick Brennan
nickdbren...@comcast.net