Hi everyone,
    I'm widening the fuselage to 40". Which got me to thinking, I should also
lenthen the main spars to compensate for the for the loss in wing area. Which
got me to thinking about going even wider, say an extra 12" on each side. Since
I'm going with a Trigear setup, the Diehl main gear bolts behind the front main
spar, which loses me fuel tank area.  The wider stub wing span would give me
more tank area. I'd also have more flap area in the stub wing.

   What's do you think about longer main spars? I'll be using the AS5048/45
airfoil which has a stronger spar.
Thanks for your input.

Russ Kendall