I will be documenting my take on a next generation KR-2S and Virgil asked:

  , ”How does Jeannete Rand figure into this?”  Great question.

      I am documenting my interpretation of a next generation  KR-2S and the
aircraft is based on the KR design and will be registered with  the FAA as a
KR-2S.  For the most part I  am documenting one approach to a next gen airplane
pulling from all of the  design work and flight experience of many talented and
prolific builders and  pilots.  I appreciate the work Jeannete  is doing to
keep the KR alive and the documentation that I am going to create  and publish
can be viewed as a further supplement to the KR-2S.  You can not build this
version of the  airplane without a set of KR2 plans and the S supplement.
Further, and probably as important, you  would want to be a registered owner of
KR-2S plans through Rand Robison when  you register the aircraft with the FAA
as this greatly simplifies the  certification process because the KR-2S is an
approved kit with the FAA.  The price of the plans is a small price in  the
overall cost of building and operating the finished
 product and I feel it  is an honor to own a set.

      I will not be selling anything.  I will receive no “consideration” in
legal terms and will freely  distribute this information and take no
responsibility of its airworthiness. I  will be doing no more than many other
builders are doing by sharing plans of  alternate control stick designs or
alternate airfoil designs. If anybody else  wants to borrow bits and pieces of
this work, they are free to and must  understand that they accept all
responsibility in determining whether or not it  is suitable for their use.