Has anyone put tie downs in their wings ?.

I am presently sanding down a first and very rough coat of glass off the wings.
I would like to install tie downs somewhere in the outer wing sections and I
have found and read about a half dozen entries on the KRnet about doing this,
but most didn't sound to reasonable and kinda sketchy about how they were done.
So if there is anyone who has done this in a way that works well and looks good
and won't slow down the plane I shure would like to know how you made em.

Thanks
Robert