Netters ,
 My type 4 VW was remanufactured by a VW factory and I received it with an oil
pressure switch mounted near the distributor hole.This switch was intended to
operate a red oil pressure warning light.I replaced this with an oil pressure
and red light sender to an oil pressure gauge and of course a warning light.The
warning light works well but the gauge seems to go from a high reading to a low
reading when the oil warms up and of course with revs.reducing.The gauge may be
suspect , or this may not be the correct place to measure oil pressure.After
all this location was only designed to switch a warning light on and off.I have
only done static run ups but  next time I will see if the oil pressure reading
stays constant at constant revs.
Oil temperature,hangs around 200 deg fahrenheit,during static run ups.The gauge
seems to take a long time to start moving and settling.The sender is located
,looking from the prop front.on the lower right hand side of the engine.There
was a hole to the right of the sump,slightly above the sump,And I made a a
sealed cover plate with a thread to accept the sender.
Perhaps this will help with your oil questions netters.Oil pres.and temp.is
still on my list for final checking.
Best Regards,
Eric,
South Africa