G’day all.

The time has come for me to remove the supplied 5/8” bearings in my
Matco wheels and replace them with ¾” bearings to match the axle I
purchased.

However, the bearings in the Matco hub are (or appear to be) an
interference fit. And a tight one at that. I’ve tried heating the hub in
the oven to no effect, and was wondering if anyone can suggest a better
way to remove these bearings. I need to get the plane on its own wheels
so I can take it to work to rebuild the wings…

The archives didn’t reveal any info about removing the Matco bearings,
though the Clevelands were covered, but, unfortunately these notes
weren’t of much help…

Many thanks,
Rob.

Robin Wills