Today I put the cowling on, for the first time since getting everything else
installed, and ran a test to see what the fuel distribution would be like.
First, in the pics, you will see, that everything did not fit correctly the
first time, so I had to make a booboo on one side.  I will get the boss cut
off of that intake and put the glass back in place before flight.

The temps were as much as 75 degrees apart between the hottest and coolest
EGT, which is better than the 125 that I saw with the cowl off.  Also, I saw
no difference between the CHT.  The CHT sender on each head is closer to the
hot cylinders, than it is to the cool ones, so that might have something to
do with making them closer to the same.

Here are some pics of the cowl with the bumps and piano hinge mods, and the
plugs after the test.

http://krbuilder.org/CarbOnTop/index.html

I do not notice any roughness, and may fly it like this, but I am still
thinking on it.

Hey Mark J, what have you found out about your problem?

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2007 - KR Gathering
There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for Flying
has begun.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC