phil brookman wrote:

> can anyone informed tell me what the thrust line is supposed to be on a
standard kr 2
> where is it measured from

Below is a post from 2005 that I found in the archives
(http://www.maddyhome.com/krsrch/index.jsp) that pretty much sums it up.  I
had always thought it was in line with the top of the top longeron, but I
had to install my Corvair 2.375" below that if I wanted the fuel pump and
intake manifolds to not protrude through the top of my cowling.  Below is
Jeff Scott's comment:

>>The drawing I have from RR for their O-200 engine mount clearly states
that the engine CL is 1 1/2" below the top longeron.  In this case CL is
drawn as the thrust line and references the top of the upper longeron in
the drawing.  Of course you'll probably see it clearly stated as
something different on other drawings.  From previous discussions that
should be in the archives, you'll find that people have it all over the
place, but nobody seems to notice any ill effects from it not being
exactly according to any of the specs.<<

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net