Well here I am in Casey IL.  Ive been spending the last couple days working on
Cleone Markwell's 601HD with Corvair.  After performing an annual inspection
and some repairs to electrical and other systems we fired it up and flew it
this morning.  Nice Flying plane.   We still have a couple squaks to take care
of but hope to have all finished up tomorrow before leaving for Fargo ND for
the "Corvair High"   I sure the weather doesnt pose a bad problem for me.

  On the way up here I stopped by Gardiner Mason's place in La Grange GA and
looked in on his Pietenpol/corvair project.  He has some nice woodwork and neat
ideas about his plane.  I signed off his wings for covering and helped him get
a few ideas together about cowl and fuel systems.  It was a worthwhile couple
of hours I hope.

  If you are anywhere along my route and want me to stop by for a bite or an
inspection...let me know.  Ill check my emails enroute.   I plan to leave ND on
sunday and head for Kansas and then into Missouri.

  FLy Safe guys..   Bill Clapp

Got a little couch potato?