Mark
I have also seen a strut with a gussett welded in the same area. Gene Byrd had
his welded with a gussett because he was landing on a rough grass strip and his
strut was bending. He later replaced the strut but he considered the gussett as
a stopgap measure until his new strut came in. Was your strut showing any signs
of bending? Why did you think you needed the extra strength in this area?

Jack Cooper