Gary Lynn Robison wrote:

> But I can only come up will 2.06 degrees of twist in the
> new airfoil sheets

Assuming you're looking at the AS5048 root to AS5046 tip templates at
http://www.krnet.org/as504x/as5048_15_600.pdf , the 33" template that's
listed as 1.06 degrees of twist is the last of the WOODEN templates.  The
wing tip extends further out from there, and as the note right next to the
1.06 degree angle line that says "LEVEL LINE (1.06 DEGREES HERE YIELDS 3
DEGREES OF TOTAL WASHOUT AT THE TIP").  There is another 29.125" template
for the foam rib which has 1.25 degrees of negative incidence, and the foam
wingtip that you'll carve out should give you the rest, or at least get you
closer.  It's been a long time since I've given this any thought, but that's
the way I remember doing it without going back to look at the logic.  Those
templates do work, and they give a lot more information (and flexibility) to
the builder than the plans version, not to mention speed and efficiency.
You may not quite get to 3 degrees, but I can tell you that 2.25 degrees
works fine, because that's what mine are, if I remember correctly.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
mail: N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website: www.N56ML.com