I have determined today, with a dial indicator, that the cam gear is cocked on
the on the cam shaft. I mounted the dial indicator where it would measure the
run out of the face of the cam gear. This was done by placing the indicator tip
on the forward lip just under the teeth on the gear. From the absolute lowest
point and rotating the cam, I got a run out of .017 inch. A closer visual
inspection of the shaft protrusion through the gear hub clearly indicates that
the gear is cocked as the edge of the camshaft is not even in relation to the
edge of the gear hub. This gear was installed by Clark's and clearly indicates
their QC needs to be addressed.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Stevens Point, WI
Web page: www.flykr2s.com