Now for the fuel tanks..

My engine and panel for N611GB are complete enough to start work on the
20 years of hangar rash and airframe issues.

I have a few wing tank questions..

The notes that came with my plane indicate one wing tank leaks. I don't
know what material was used to make them, epoxy, vinylester, etc.

The tanks were abandonded by previous owners as the plumbing is missing.
At least one threaded wing fuel cap is missing.

I was thinking of cutting open the bottom of the wing and taking the
tank bottom out. Then laying up 1 or two layers of light glass and vinyl
ester resin inside the existing tank top and sides.  At the same time
replacing the filler necks, caps, vents, etc.  Then laying up a
vinylester flat sheet, again 2 layers of bid on something it can be
removed from (suggestions? wax paper??) and later attaching the cured
flat to the tank as a bottom plate (with flox?).  Then foaming into
place a bottom sheet of foam, sand to the shape of the wing then glass
over and refinish the bottom of the wings.

Can anyone point to a site outlining a re-work of wing tanks?  Modern
material on old glass?

Thanks

John Gotschall
N611GB