From: John Gotschall <johng...@comcast.net>
Subject: KR> tow vehicle
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 10:34 PM

Not only KR related, but here goes:

I have been in need of a tow vehicle for my Kr trailer, my sailboat
trailer, cabin cruiser trailer, UH-16 hover craft trailer, The 1958
skagit skimaster trailer, and the box trailer (residential dumpster)..

Yes, that IS a pattern..

So, this weekend (off of craigslist)  I bought a 1989 4 wheel drive chev
suburban powered by a 350.  It ran great when I test drove it.  I bought
it and within 45 minutes on the road it started running rough at idle
and dieing at the intersections.

I replaced the PCV valve, which made a difference but not the full cure.
I tested the coolant temp probes, no faults there.  The MAP sensor is
suspect because it could cause the rich mix trouble, ( and the codes had
a few map sensor faults recorded) but measured ok. (replaced that and it
got better).  Still not right.  It idles perfectly once in a while but
then gets rough and dies sometimes at idle.

ANY Chev gurus want to chime in on this?

KR relation:  I need this to haul my KR to the airport!

jg