I feel like I won the trifecta....I flew for three days in a row.  Given the
weather lately, flying once a week is a real achievement, and I try pretty
hard!  Yesterday morning it was 21 degrees and I was the only guy on 122.8 for
the hour that I was flying, which is definitely a first for a Saturday morning
in north Alabama.  When I came back to land I blasted by the two geese that
frequent our airport, and the first thought that crossed my mind was "double
bird strike!".  It got worse though, because there were a gazillion Starlings
near the end of the runway doing their black cloud thing, but fortunately they
all decided to move north before I got there.

Today was supposed to be a crappy flying day but turned into a very nice one
instead, so I took off an hour before sunset to goof around the local area, do
touch and goes at Moontown, and basically amaze myself at how good I am at
greasing landings when the wind is calm (yep, it's true that nobody that's ever
flown with me has actually witnessed this rare phenomenon).  I saw a pretty
good sunset, but maybe the best picture was the one at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/sunsets/090118078m.jpg that shows the flip
side...the hills of southern Tennessee lit up by the sunset...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com