Mark ,

I am constantly learning or remembering lessons learned by reading your
posts. In this case , I am reminded of something I learned long ago, but
had forgotten....90% of all engine problems or failures occur during the
first or a subsequent power reduction. My own uneventfull engine
failures over the 30yrs of  my flying confirm those statistics.
Thank You for the reminder!

John Edwards at mykitlog.com/kapowsin