There's a lot more to it than just mounting a constant cord wing.  The airfoil,
cord, incidence, washout, and wing area are probably more important than
constant cord vs taperwing vs eliptical wing planform.  The RV series aircraft
use a constant cord wing and I certainly don't think of them as slow or
handling like a truck.  The point is that the wing really needs to be designed
for the aircraft.  For the KR series, a PhD candidate designed the new AS
series airfoil specifically for this plane.  From everything I've seen, it
works quite well.  Additionally, the old RAF series wing seems to work pretty
good as well.  One could certainly design a constant cord (Hershey bar) wing
for the plane and with a few iterations, probably make it work just as well as
the current wing plans, but why?

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM

Click here to save cash and find low rates on auto loans.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTLaWyZTiupNS2UtFljb1a0yTi1REgo6j5g5r38BQkKNjrXvBcuDvi/