A friend of mine took me for a ride in an RV 4 built by himself, his
brothers and their dad.  It had a big engine and a constant speed prop.

I don't recall the engine size or designation, but it seemed huge.

While flying the airplane, it felt like I was seated inside a bubble of
alumninum foil attached to the back of a giant spinning anvil.

While the airplane must have been properly balanced for flight, I could
feel the plane being pulled (or resisted) every which way by that giant
hunk of metal spinning out in front.

It did not feel good.  Except for doing a split-s at idle power, that
hunk o' metal out front pulls you down and through..

Maybe I'd get used to it after a time.  Perhaps the pluses to the
arrangement would be revealed if I had been given free reign to try
different maneuvers.

I guess I am just saying, there's some good to not over-weighting your
airframe with a big ole motor.

jg