PS: In my previous post, I was just telling you what the engineer said, I am in
no way telling anyone to change wing planform or saying it is better than what
we have.
When changing things dramatically in a design like the KR2, one is stepping out
into new territory possibly. As these planes are developing with minor change
from time to time a history of safety is being developed with these minor
changes.
As everyone knows, the first flight of one of these newly finished airplanes
requires the pilot to become a TEST PILOT. Being a test pilot and learning how
to fly a new airplane is dangerous enough but many talk about all the wild
changes/modifications they want to incorporate into their airplane plus add to
that, an EXPERIMENTAL ENGINE and you have a severely DOUBLE DANGEROUS situation
for first flights. We all need to seriously reconsider major modifications to
these airplanes until we have one flying and know what to expect before more
drastic design changes. We all get one body and one life, and as many have
said, rarely do we get second chances after an aircraft accident. Please be
careful when thinking about change. Change can make a mess sometimes.
Larry H.

My Dallas EAA chapter had a NASA engineer talk to us at least 20 years ago. His
statement was if your airplane design was such that you could not go well over
200 mph that a tapered wing would not help you as far as speed.