From: David Weaver <mortwea...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Pulsar Fire
To: pulsar-build...@caseyk.org
Date: Friday, March 13, 2009, 6:20 PM

Austin,
You did not ref. any fire extinguisher carried in your Pulsar.  A compact halon
extinguisher discharged into a cowl air inlet, before killing valuable time
attempting to remove retaining
screws, could make the difference in getting a fire under control and loosing
the airplane.
I was almost 1/4 mile from my hangar when I had a fire during a taxi run.  If I
had failed to carry an on-board extinguisher, I might have lost my investment
of time and money. It is not enough to carry a fire extinguisher - one needs to
mentally rehearse its proper application and be prepared to act in the absence
of anyone else available to help.

Dave Weaver