Dan Heath wrote:

> Did you mean 142mph, not 124mph?  What is the CHT that you run when LOP?

Yep, I meant 142 mph.   I swap numbers around sometimes between brain and
paper.  The average CHT went from 256F to 273F (got that number wrong too),
so the increase in CHT was only 17F, rather than 26F.  Still, it points out
that the CHTs are actually cooler at LOP.

Phil Matheson wrote:

> This there a reason you use low octan fuel instead of 100LL avgas or 98
> premium fuel? And how much improvement would you get with avgas??

100LL costs about double what 93 octane auto fuel costs here now.  I guess I
burn mogas because I can, it's less expensive, and I do a lot of flying
every year.  Although I'll be the first to admit that auto fuel has a
increased vapor lock tendency and WW would be quick to say an increased
likelyhood of lighting off in a crash, 100LL does work a little better when
it comes to leaning (the engine is happier running leaner), but certainly
nowhere near enough to make up for the double price..

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com