I did get to Johnson city, There was no fuel, pot holes that I thought was
going to break the gear off and rebar sticking up all over in the ramps, no one
around and it all around sucked. I took off down wind just so I didn't have to
back taxi the runway. Went straight to Elizebethton and had the exact oppisite
experience, linemen meet me, parked me, chocked the plane borought the fuel
right over and had several very pleasant conversations with the locals as they
drooled over my KR and envied the fuel burn.
   I had a great time at Jack's on Saturday even though I was a little bit out
of it. I choose not to have my morning coffee for the long flight and that was
a mistake. I had a terrible headach all day. Had a coffee at home and it went
away instantly.
Mark is documenting the fuel stuff pretty well and I can echo most of his
results. The 3050 rpm number is something that I have found to like also for
cruise speed and it translates to just under 153 mph for my plane. This trip I
was slightly under that as I have the nose wheel pant off right now. That seems
to cost 3.5 mph and who knows how much fuel. I flew somewhere close to 1100
miles on Saturday and burned about 36 gals for the total trip. that includes
all the long climbs and high speed passes. Just about 30mpg over all not just
what is for the cruise part of the flight.
You guys better watch flying with Langford,  he is a bad influence, Trying to
keep up with him on arrival he had me doing 205 on the arrival anouncement
missed approach., I really should have done a slow pass then to have Jack look
to make sure I still had landing gear.
See ya'll at SNF on thursday
Joe Horton